I am really excited about this year’s Testing Cup. It will be the fifth edition and, in my opinion, it will be crazy hard. I even have some arguments proving it. All you need is to read and understand the terms and conditions of championship presented on the page (sorry, it is only in Polish).
- Mr. Buggy learned English! It means we will have a much harder job in bug reporting. Probably Polish-English mix-up will not be welcomed.
- Testing documentation will be in Polish or English. This ‘or’ word is very important. It means the whole championship can be in this language. This would be fun!
- We will meet Mr. Buggy for the first time when championship starts. No peeking at it before this time, so we have no idea what to expect.
- There will be only one round. No testing-reporting split. It means no one will watch the time for us.
- Yet, during this one round, we will need to perform tests and create testing documents. Not one report but probably many different documents. And we will know about what type of documents to prepare in the last second before the event.
- The way of reporting defect will be also known just before the start. It can be anything – computer notepad, handwritten note, sending a pigeon or singing the reports. Anything.
- Scoring also indicates there will be not one report, but multiple documents.
- An absolutely new thing is an ability to raise an objection to the judges’ decision (called ‘challenge’). You will be able to use it twice unless your point will be accepted.
So I’m very excited to join the competition this year. I can feel a lot of pressure to beat up my last years’ performance and score even higher. Therefore I’m preparing for the competition every day. And You?